- Jernberg Law Group, June 2002 – Present: Private practice with focus on insurance, litigation and general corporate matters.
- Ernst and Young, January 2000 – June 2002: Headed a joint venture to develop dispute resolution processes and technologies. Hold a patent on a process and technology for analyzing complex multi-party claims for settlement;
- Oppenheimer, Wolff and Donnelly, 1987-2000 (Partner): Helped establish the Chicago office of 350-lawyer firm with multiple offices. Headed the firms insurance and reinsurance business group from 1990 to 1997;
- Isham, Lincoln and Beale, 1980-1988 (Partner) (firm dissolved): Focused on general litigation, insurance and insurance coverage matters. Founded the environmental insurance coverage practice for the firm;
- Williams and Montgomery, 1972-1980: Insurance defense and insurance coverage practice. Made partner, 1979.
Academic and Licenses:
- Vanderbilt University, BA, 1969 (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Northwestern University, JD, 1972 (cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- University of Alabama, 1976-1977, Associate Professor of Law
- Licensed in Illinois, United States Supreme Court and various federal district and circuit courts.
Associations, Publications and Lectures:
Founding member of the environmental law committee of the Torts and Insurance Practice section of the ABA. Appointed to ABA Blue Ribbon Committee in Discovery in Major Environmental Coverage Litigation. Member of National Arbitration Association panel of arbitrators, certified mediator and member of Cook County panel of major case arbitrators.
Author of approximately 30 articles in the area of insurance coverage and dispute resolution. Frequent lecturer on insurance coverage matters, including major addresses at the national conventions of the CPCU Society and the Casualty Actuarial Society. Member of the North American Reinsurance faculty that provided annual week long classes for insurance claim professionals.